Penticton’s “Indoor for Outdoor” Tournament 2017
Time: March 24 - 26, 2017
Location: Penticton Community Centre
All games are a round robin event consisting of 8 teams per division only. Playoffs for top 3 teams to establish 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.
North Shore Picklemania 2017
Time: April 1, 2017
Location: Parkgate Community Centre, 3625 Banff Court, North Vancouver
- Women 3.0, 3.25, 3.5 & 3.75
- Men 3.0, 3.25, 3.5 & 3.75
- Open 4.0 + (m & w combined)
- Each event limited to eight (8) players. Enter as a 'single'.
- You can register/play one event only
- Play format will be 7 game round robin,partnering once with each opponent,playing against each opponent twice.
- Registration closes March 25, 2017 (a follow-up email will provide additional information)
- Cost - $37.50 for PCO members
- Cost - $42.50 for non-PCO members (you will be registered with PCO)
- Includes lunch & snacks
- First game - 9:00 am
- We will be setting up six (6) well spaced courts to enable enthusiastic play.
Battle of the Paddle at Pinetree 2017
Time: April 21-23, 2017
Location:Pinetree Community Centre, Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Unless we combine events due to a low number of teams in particular events, event brackets will be:
Men’s and Women's Singles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 on Friday, April 21 starting at 5:00 p.m.
Men’s and Women’s Doubles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5. and 5.0 on Saturday, April 22 starting at 8:30 a.m.
Mixed Doubles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 on Sunday, April 23 starting at 8:30 a.m.
We encourage you to register as early as possible in case the tournament fills up.
Players will be asked to referee matches (sanctioned tournaments require referees). We will send out an invitation to registered players who are interested in an optional refereeing clinic closer to the tournament.
Cruising Into Spring - Bannister Honda - Vernon Pickleball Association
Time: April 27 - 29, 2017
Location: Priest Valley Gym, 3310 - 37 Ave, Vernon BC
- 3.0 to 4.5+ Skill categories
- Mixed, Women's & Men's Doubles
- $50 single event and $15 each additional event
- Lunch and prizes included
- Deadline is April 15
- Contact: Nancy 250-503-6631
Kamloops Pickleball Open
Location: Riverside Park, Kamloops, BC, Canada
Food and Gift:
International Indoor Pickleball Championships 2017
Time: May 31 - June 4, 2017
Location: Northwest Sports Hub, Centralia, WA, United States
Medals to all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Cash and prize awarded to winners in each Skill and Open event. Amount will depend on the number of entries and sponsors. Final amounts will be announced ~2 weeks before the start of tournament but we are confident it will be about $12,000!
Categories: Single and Doubles: Skill Level (3.0 to 4.5) & Age (no WSAG) & Opens
- Open (Top players)
- Senior Open
- 4.5 (Advanced)
- 4.0 (Intermediate)
- 3.5 (Adv Beginner)
- 3.0 (Beginner)
- 50 to 75+ in 5 yr increments
2017 Pickleball Canada National Tournament
Time: July 7-9, 2017
Location: Parkinson Recreation Center, Kelowna, BC, Canada
- The Pickleball Canada National Tournament hosted by Pickleball Kelowna will be skill based and be played outdoors on 26 courts. This is a Pickleball Canada sanctioned tournament that will use IFP rules. Last year we had 430 players participate in this very successful tournament....register early as we are expecting it to full up quickly.
- Early registration runs from January 1st, 2017 to March 31st, 2017.
- Early registration fees: $40 plus $10 for each event entered.
- egular registration runs from April 1st, 2017 to June 1st 2017.
- Regular registration fees: $50 plus $10 for each event entered.
- Players may enter a maximum of 3 events and may only enter one doubles, one mixed doubles and one singles event.
- Registration should be completed online at www.pickleballtournaments.com
- Pickleball Canada members will receive a $5 discount off the registration fee. When registering online please make sure you enter your membership number in your personal profile to receive the discount. Leave it blank if you are not a member.
- Note that if you are currently not a member of Pickleball Canada Organization (PCO), or your membership expires prior to the completion of the tournament your registration fee will include a PCO 1 year membership.
- Players must be 14 years of age or older any time in 2017 in order to compete—special consideration may be given to experienced younger players.
- Entry fee includes food voucher & tournament shirt - food voucher to be used at our critically acclaimed food truck. There will also be seasonal fruit (we went through over 200 pounds of cherries last year) and other snacks provided to participants free of charge.
- The official tournament ball is yet to be decided - the tournament committee will make this decision in April. (Most likely one of: Dura 40, Onix Pure 2, Onix 503, or Paddletek P7.)
- Open and Senior Open events are limited to skill level 4.5 and up.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to place players in their appropriate skill level category.
- All doubles events will be double elimination with each match being best 2 out of 3 games to 11 on the “A” side of the draw. On the “B” side of the draw each match will consist of one game to 15.
- All singles events will be double elimination with each match being 1 game to 15—gold medal matches will be best 2 out of 3 games to 11.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams in each division, cash prizes for gold medal winners in Open events.
- Men’s Singles 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, Open—Friday
- Women’s Doubles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, Open, Senior Open —Friday
- Mixed Doubles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, Open, Senior Open—Saturday
- Women’s Singles 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, Open —Sunday
- Men’s Doubles 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, Open, Senior Open —Sunday
- Rain Day—Monday, if necessary